Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day



~Happy Father's Day Markie~


We had a great day spending time with our family. Isn't that what it's all about?

Mark made us the best dinner. I helped, but he got a new smoker for Father's Day and he wanted to try it out. We had a Brisket in the freezer from a cow that we bought and split with my sister and mom, and it turned out delicious. I'll let him cook anytime, and if it's something he is really excited about, he'll cook more often. He seriously spent so much time this weekend searching the net, figuring out how to do it just right. It paid off, and it was so good.

After church and dinner, we went up to Mark's parents for dessert. Scott and Lisa were up there with their two boys, Josh and Brady. The kids had a great time running around, playing with their cousins.








Mark, Scott, Les and Sue. Kim and her family moved to Kansas this past week and Ryan is in England, on the mish.



Without a nap for Max today, he was done, ready to be put in bed.

13 comments:

melissa walker said...

I wish my husband could get excited about cooking! It's fun to see Scott and his kids too! Where in Kansas did Kim move to? We've got a few friends down that way.

The Gatherum Family said...

Glad you guys had a good day. That last pic of Max pretty much described my kids at the end of the weekend as well. Gotta LOVE the naps :)

Becky, yep said...

Happy Father's Day Markie!

ps...you are looking smokin' these days!

Sherine said...

ummm did I read that right? You bought a cow?

Lisa Cannon said...

Every six months or so, we buy a cow and split it with our family. The meat is so good, no hormones, all organic. So, I have a freezer full of meat and it is delicious. The girl we buy it from sells meat to some local restaurants and at the Farmers Market.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I hope Mark had a great Father's Day!

julib said...

Looks like you had a great F. Day, I am glad you posted about Tim Russert. I had no idea. How did he die? I am fine. Hanging in there. Feelin' a bit overwhelmed. Hope we can get our kids together this summer!

The Gatherum Family said...

That's funny you guys were there. It's close, cheap and relatively small so I can keep my eyes on them...I love it. Anyways, I am really excited for the rec center. It's supposed to be awesome. One of Neal's clients is the South Davis Rec Center up in Bountiful and it is AMAZING and supposedly, they are patterning this one after that. I am holding out on getting a Lifetime Fitness Membership and waiting to see how this one is, if it would ever get done. Anyways, sorry for the LONG comment. I just keep babling on and on and on and on and on...

The Gatherum Family said...

Yeah, it's going to have a massive outdoor pool and indoor and gym and courts, all sorts of stuff...I am contemplating a summer pass to south county pool just because it is SO cheap, I think for a 4 person pass it's $135 and for a month pass it's $60 or something really cheap, so yeah, I am sure I will end up getting one. My kids and I have already gone 8 times in the last 3 weeks that it's been open, so it would be worth it to just buy a pass.

Cami said...

A smoker? That sounds like fun. I love Brisket!! That pic of Max is cute, poor little dude, no nap. I live and die by naps!!

Anonymous said...

We are considering getting a meat cow. What? Did I just say that? I guess it would be good for food storage. But still not sure I could raise a calf and then turn around and send it to be slaughtered. Maybe that's why we're still considering...

Brooke said...

Happy Father's Day Mark! I'm happy if Scott does some cooking on Mother's Day, but Father's day too! That is a real treat! Max is cute! The no nap is torture!

Kirkland's said...

I love the picture of Max, it says it all!