Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Great Day

Today was a joyous day. The weather was so beautiful and I was able to go on a ride this afternoon in our beautiful mountains to Park City. We were able to visit with a certain doctor up there and he removed Will's cast. Yes, it was a joyous day. The stench that cast exuded was unbelievable. Horrible. His feet are all calloused where the cast rubbed his feet. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. We are all titillated that it's gone.

Last night, during his bath, I got a washcloth and tried to get up as far as I could in his cast. There was a thin layer of dirt up his whole leg. Yuck! When his cast was finally removed, we were laughing because there was grass up his leg. Maybe that was what stunk so bad. You know that stench that your garbage can holds after moist grass clippings sit out in the can for days in the hot, sweltering sun.

He stood right up, with a slight bit of hesitation, and walked right on that leg. It is still a bit tender and he really needs to be careful. So, no jumping around like a crazy man for a while. He doesn't want to break it again, which he could, very easily. The doctor suggested that I get him some high tops to help support his ankle. He said that the juvenile ankle braces on the market aren't that great. These came to mind...

Do you think Will would ever be caught dead in these? They would be very supportive.

Maybe some nice Chuck Taylors?


I'm sorry. When I think of high tops, all that comes to mind are those boys that wear these...


Talk about a fashion faux pas. You can't even tell if there are socks being worn. I wouldn't let my kid be caught dead in those. I think we'll just take our chances.

He was so excited to run home and show all of his friends and I weeded and raked our flower beds. Ahh...summer!

5 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

Congrats on finally getting that cast off. Did you save it? You should have taken a picture of his leg. Hopefully there are no more casts this summer!!

amanda jane said...

oh happy day! so glad to hear about it, and good luck finding cool high tops.... where do you find the time to find that stuff?!

Sherine said...

Cooper tried to save his last cast as a keepsake. After about a week of stinking up his closet he thought it would be a good idea to throw it away.

Shalice said...

Those casts are nasty! I still remember the smell of mine, and I had it on in the thrid grade!

Glad you are feeling better. I need to go look up about BPA...I swear there is always something to worry about!

♥Shally said...

I just know that someday in the near future my dare devil boy will have a cast...

Don't know HOW it has not happened thus far.