Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Visitors

Every spring since I can remember, these same two ducks take up residence in our neighborhood. I don't know where their nest is, but I am thankful that it isn't in our yard. The kids love feeding them bread, in fact, they are probably stuffed with bread with all the kids around. Yesterday morning they were in our front yard, and they seemed hungry, so we got out some bread and fed them. They aren't very afraid of us, this morning they followed my neighbor Brittany down the sidewalk and over to our house.





Max was having a great time throwing whole pieces of bread at them. No wonder I'm going through bread so quickly lately. (Doesn't Max have great hair?)



Max was getting a little too close for comfort, so they took off, and so did Max. Notice the large piece of bread in his hands, ready to launch!



They finally had enough, and flew away.

7 comments:

kara jayne said...

We saw a whole family of ducks on our jog the other morning. A mom, dad, and 10 little ducklings! So cute. I just love Spring.

Oh, and yes, Max's hair is great!

Becky, yep said...

It's fun to see them come back each year!
Our hotel in CA was loaded with ducks and Thatcher loved chasing them too!

DeDee said...

We get them a lot around her too. I love when they have their ducklings following them!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How cute is Jammie wearing Max hucking bread at the ducks?! And yes, I love his hair!!

Sherine said...

Ok... I noticed two thing in your pics that I really miss. Winder dairy and grandma sycamore bread. I can't find good bread here yet.

And yes.. I love Max's hair:)

KMJ said...

he ducks were in our yard last night too Lisa! We went out and looked at them but eventually they asked if they could feed them bread if they come again. Joseph said he's seen them before and wasn't all excited like Daniel and William were. I don't remember them in the past 5 years we have lived here, so maybe they stay over on your side of the neighborhood. Or maybe I am just not too observant! I thought it was cool to see them and it seemed like they liked our grass cuz they sat there for a long time, before we scared them away.

kennyandkristin said...

Those ducks totally freaked me out the other night BUT Camden loved them. I think it is fun that they visit you. Looks like Max had fun feeding them!