Sunday, November 2, 2008

End of Season


It's official, Will's first football season has come to an end. They had a great season and really learned a lot about the game. Mark was Will's coach and loved every minute of it. I wasn't silent about not liking the time away from the family. It was hard. They were gone a lot and it kept us grounded at home. Practice started the end of July, and just barely stopped.

Mark is planning on coaching next year, this time with both Will and Ben on the team. He hasn't admitted it to me yet. I think he is keeping it secret so he can have a good holiday/spring/early summer with me!!! Is that bad?

It was a great bonding time with Mark and Will. And, I loved watching the games (when I could). Max wasn't really interested.

Now.....on to basketball! (I NEED A GIRL!)

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Ah, that takes me back to all the lessons, sports, dancing. It really is hard on Mom!

Unknown said...

I think we are all praying for that little girl to come to you! Although you do make extremely cute boys! I really do need a friends and family. Can I PLEASE have one?? Here is my address:
4576 West 11800 South
South Jordan, UT 84095
THANKS!

Unknown said...

By the way, Kristine aka Kristie Averett....that one always throws people off. I hate it when I am logged into this account and don't know it:)

DeDee said...

We'll hope for a girl too. Boys are great, but they are very different!

Beach Girl said...

Looks like they had a ton of fun playing football! When do you find out what you'r having?

Overbaugh Family said...

I think it is great that Mark has been able to coach Will's team. How fun that will be next year with both boys on the same team and their Dad as their coach!! (see Lisa, you paid your dues having them 17 months a part, now you reap the benefits!)

Sherine said...

Yes.. you need a girl. But if not... well then you need some good gadgets to take to the field.

Familia Bethers said...

You may just get your wish ;)

Sam and Josh said...

That is awesome. Kaehler wants to play football, but he needs to weigh more and he needs to get his black belt and then on to football.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I've got 3 boys and one girl and, so far, she's the only one interested in sports. She just finished volleyball and is on to basketball before starting track in the spring.
I agree with Sherine. Find some fun gadgets to take with you.