Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween


We had a great Halloween. Monday evening we went to the Garden After Dark at Red Butte Gardens. We went with my sister Karyn and Jon and their kids Charlie and Lily. My brother Kenny also went with Camden and Emerson. The kids had such a great time! It was perfect for them, not scary at all!


Max, Charlie and Camden playing in the Children's Garden.


Making grass monsters - Ben, Max, Will and Lily in the beautiful yellow wig.












Black light - the kids loved this part, our teeth looked crazy yellow, just like Lily's wig!




Will and Max with their spider hats.


So, with my kids being off track, we sometimes go to my mom's school for the Halloween parade. So, this year we obliged and headed to her school Thursday morning. All of her kids were so anxious to meet Will and Ben. They'd heard so much about them!




Will and Ben even got to stay for their class party! My mom was a fly-fisher woman, walking around in her whole get up that Steve gave her while they were dating.


We've all been a little sick around our house the past couple of weeks. A flu bug that bugged us all, but not Mark. He lucked out! Unfortunately, Will came down with it on Halloween afternoon. He didn't feel much like dressing up. He wouldn't even let me paint his face. He was the "Skull Reaper", Ben was Batman and Max was an elephant and Winnie the Pooh. He decided to change halfway through the night.

As you can see, Max was a little tired. Once we got some candy in his system, he was good to go!


Will managed to get semi-dressed and Mark took them around our neighborhood. The night was so nice. I sat on the porch, reading a book and handing out candy. It was great!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH gosh Max is the cutest Elephant EVER!! I love that costume.

Sherine said...

We've never tried Red Butte after dark.. looks fun! p.s. I think we caught your bug over here:(

kennyandkristin said...

Thanks for inviting my boys to Red Butte. Kenny said everyone had fun aside from Emerson screaming in the car. Glad you got pictures because Kenny forgot the camera.

Overbaugh Family said...

Oh I am glad that you all had a great Halloween (besides the flu bug). And how fun that your boys have cousins to pal around with- I must say I am jealous!!

amanda jane said...

I can't believe you drove right passed my house (practically) and didn't stop to say hi. glad your festivites were fun! hope the bug is long gone andyour all happy and healthy again!