Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just in the Nick of Time

I shut my mouth just in time...



All of my kids have been a little spitty and Henry isn't any different.

He is growing up way too fast. He loves his finger, as you can see in this picture. None of my kids have been thumb suckers, but Henry is partial to his pointer. He loves his binky, too. So, whenever I can, I replace his finger with the binky. After all, you can take away a binky!

A big milestone happened at our house today! I layed Henry on a blanket in our family room. I set him on his back, because he doesn't like his tummy. (I do give him tummy time daily.) When I came back to get him this is what I saw...



He was on his tummy and no one turned him over! I missed it! I tried to get him to do it again, but to no avail. He's growing up too fast! I am enjoying him so much. Even when he spits on my face. I was just holding him above my head, trying to get him to laugh. I was asking for it!

Tonight we had a little event in our neighborhood. For emergency preparedness, our area is divided into small groups with a group leader. Tonight we had a block party with special guests. The mayor of our city, the big command motorhome, the swat team, and multiple other police/emergency vehicles. They drove up with their sirens blazing and the kids were in heaven. It took place right in front of our house. I love our neighborhood. There are so many kids, they run in herds. We have such great neighbors and everyone loves each other. We are so lucky!









15 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh, how I miss the neighborhood. That preparedness event sounds fun. It surely left quite an impression on all of the little kids running around. Love the picture of the baby spitting on you. Henry is so adorable. I cannot believe he is already big enough for the milestone of rolling over. They grow up way too fast. Jack is walking/running all over the place and all I can think is "Where has this first year gone?" I wish he could stay little forever. Thanks for the post. Glad to see that everyone is happy and healthy. Say hi to your family and the neighbors for us.

DeDee said...

Okay...that is gross, but remarkably funny at the same time. What a great neighborhood idea!

K and J said...

I can't believe you left that on your face while you grabbed the camera for that shot. Seriously !

Debbie said...

He is a darling boy! But I still love the picture of Max crying.

Efamily said...

That is disgusting! only a mother's love.....

Becky, yep said...

Sweet little Henry! it's your fault for holding him above you!!!

LEt's have dinner

Tiffinee said...

Oh, I am so glad you left a comment on my blog. I haven't checked up on your blog forever. I have been so bad at that. When I opened your blog, I saw that picture and thought....."is that what I think it is"? Sure enough, it was! So funny!!! I love that you left it on long enough to take the picture. Only a Mom would do that.......actually....... only a BLOGGER Mom would do that. Your family is so cute. Your little boy with the suitcase is priceless! Good to catch up!

Nicole said...

He is so cute Lisa! So glad I haven't been spit on like that...yet? :)

inkley boys said...

gross and so funny! hope to see you soon this year at the GAP for holliday. I can't beleive I just said that, shhhhh may christmas wont come if we don't mention it:)

Overbaugh Family said...

Thank goodness for those Mommy reflexes! What a fun event for the neighborhood- we need to come visit you guys. I will call you!!

Anonymous said...

That picture of you with spit up all over your face needs to be on the cover of a motherhood book! what we do for our children!!!! Henry is so dang cute!

wenderful said...

Oh, he's SO cute Lisa! Are you just loving him?
Thanks so much for the kind words. The business isn't officially off the ground although I am doing some portfolio building for free right now. I'm hoping by spring to be up and running. I have 12 session during October so I feel like it's going well so far. It's tons of fun. I would love to do your pics whenever you are ready and we are down in your neck of the woods. :)

Brooke said...

Your baby is adorable!! I agree, time is going by too fast. They are growing too fast!!!! We need to get together soon. How is four for you?

Sam and Josh said...

The things we get to experience with little ones. He is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I just got up to date on your blog. Man, Henry is adorable, as are the rest of your boys. You know, I do have four girls for the taking...?

Anyway, you look gorgeous as usual, and happy. Glad to see you're doing well.