Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enough Already

It's only the beginning of January and I can't believe how much snow we've already received. It is so cold and I'm ready for spring. I always get like this in January, but this time it is worse. I'm pregnant and if it were spring, the baby would almost be here. But, it's not, and I feel it's going to be a long winter. The storms just keep on coming, they are relentless!

Our street has been an ice sheet since before Christmas. Our lovely city never made it in time to plow and now it is complete ice. My brother came over yesterday and couldn't believe how bad it was. You bounce and bounce the entire way to our house.





Mark and I keep joking that if Merrill/Bank of America asks us to move, especially if it is to somewhere warm, we are gone! I'm up for the adventure, and right now I'm so sick of the cold.

14 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

I hear ya, I hear ya. Do you want to get together? I need to get outta my house, but I need some motivation :) What is the rest of your week looking like?

Alyssa said...

Cannot believe all of that snow. Come to Florida. Still hot and sunny. We were at Marco Island on Saturday frolicking on white sand beaches and playing in the waves. There is always room for you here. Oh, and thanks for the backyard shot of my old house in your snowy photos. I love that house. It was fun to see it covered in the snow. AH

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

I'm telling you...Dallas is calling your name! You would ABSOLUTELY love it there! And if/when we come back, we'd have another friend!

Hope you are feeling well!

Amy

Jason said...

I hate this weather!!!

Overbaugh Family said...

I wouldn't mind the snow if I didn't have to shovel or drive in it... But that would mean home school and that is absolutely out of the question. :) B.t.w- you can come sled down our front yard anytime!

kara jayne said...

sunny and 68! I LOVE AZ...that's all I have to say.

Debbie said...

I have to comment. You can't move to where there are no seasons.

This winter is amazing. C'mon, Lisa, it is beautiful and needed moisture.

Maybe I don't have kids trapped in my house, Heh, heh.

Sherine said...

Oh be careful what you wish for!:)

Kim said...

You could move to Kansas it is going to be 60 here tomorrow and no snow in sight. That is a little better!!!

Kirkland's said...

I thought it was just South JOrdan that didn't plow, but Riverton too? By V-Day I've had enough and want to move to sunnier pastures! Please stay.

Stephanie Quinton said...

Really?? Is there a chance that Mark may be transferred? I think you should stay and brave the weather! It's not that bad!

inkley boys said...

It is so cold and snowy! but it will pass and soon it will be spring again and then we can play in the pool and get a tan, who am I kidding it will be winter forever were in Utah! chin up

wenderful said...

I don't mind it until I actually have to go somewhere. Then it isn't so fun. Around the end of February I'll be ready to see it go.

Brooke said...

DITTO!!! I would love a warm climate. Somewhere that you can enjoy outside at least most of the year!!!!!
This week has been nicer, but now we have the lovely inversion! Yuck, what is worse constant snow or inversion?