Saturday, December 13, 2008

For DeDee



DeDee, this one is for you!
I had the best job a few years ago. It was perhaps the best, funnest job ever. I went part time after I had Will and quit when I had Ben. I worked at a small, local mortgage brokerage named City Mortgage. I made a great friend there named DeDee. We would totally goof off when the boss was away. We had so much fun. Our boss, Bob would frequently head up to Jackson to fly fish, and well, while the cat is away...you know the rest.

We worked with the funnest group. Just a bunch of people my age and we had such a great time. Brandon Burbidge did the worm. He was really good at it, too. He would catch air! Our other friend Brandon Woolston wore his mission shoes every day, even after being home from his mission for over a year. I finally had to confront him one day, it wasn't pretty. On Fridays, you'd find us in the conference room playing Rook most of the day. There are so many great and fun memories I could share!

My friend DeDee went to a Stake Dance and was dancing with this guy that did the craziest dance to this song. One day at work, DeDee played this song and mimicked his dance without hesitation. I nearly peed my pants! I was reminded of this dance tonight and had to call her. I think she should get her kids to video her doing the dance and post it on her blog. I challenge you DeDee!!!

(I can't believe they played this song at a CHURCH DANCE! After listening to the song in its entirety, I realize now that it is all about doing Cocaine.)

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a great/crazy song. Can you believe I have never even heard that before? Where have I been? I guess not at any Stake Dances. Loved to hear about the former job. It is so fun to have memories like that to reminisce about. Good jobs with fun people are hard to come by. Happy Holidays. Say Hi to Mark and the kids. PS..Has it snowed yet? Still 80s and hot here. Hmmm.....strange holiday weather. AH

Sherine said...

When I was still single I worked at an eye clinic with a couple of other girls.. we always had late nights and we each had developed a way to sleep while we were working. I would stare at the charts.. Shaundee would stare at the computer.. and Penny would pretend to be on the phone. Seriously.. good times.

inkley boys said...

I loved that song I can't believed you didn't know, you are so funny. Yes I work at the Gap but have not worked once this month I don't know if that is a good thing or not, i need the money what little it is and its fun to be in the mall at chritsmas owell.

DeDee said...

You are so funny! Such good times... What makes it better was that it was even a semi-formal dance. If I get up the nerve to video my dance I'll try to add in an awesome toe-touch like in the video.

(I never did get why they played that at every Stake Dance I ever went to. Ignorance is bliss?)