Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Little Bribery

I've resorted to bribery. I'll do whatever it takes to get Max potty trained before the baby comes. We took advantage of the cold weather this past week and really focused on training Max. He's done a great job with the concept, peeing is no problem for him. I just can't get him to poop in the potty. I basically sit on his lap all day, waiting for the poop to come. The second I let him out of my sight, he sneaks away and hides and POOPS in his underpants. We've gone through so many pair of underwear with weekly visits to Target to re-stock. I'm done. I've told him that I would buy him anything that he wanted at the toy store if he'd just poop in the potty. Watching cartoons he'd see a toy and mention that he wanted that toy. I would just say, "I'll buy it for you as soon as you poop in the potty"!

It wasn't working!

So, today Max and I ventured to the nearest Toys-R-Us. We spent nearly an hour deciding what to purchase. I ended up buying him one small toy as a reward for doing such a great job thus far, and saved the biggie for the first movement.

What do you think?


















I'm thinking it just might work. HOPEFULLY!

**Yes, he is cuddling and crying into his Baby Bjorn potty insert. I know, Gross!**

14 comments:

Debbie said...

That is seriously the funniest, cutest thing I have seen. Good luck Max!

Alyssa said...

I just love the looks on his face in each of the photos. You can see the distress he is feeling. He wants that toy so bad!!! I think bribery just may work.

Efamily said...

Tomorrow's the day!!! What kid can resist such a great bribe?

It's gotta work!!!

amanda jane said...

you go girl. my fingers are crossed for you!

Sherine said...

If it works let me know.. Tagan thinks he's still just fine in a diaper.

Stephanie Quinton said...

Lisa, these pictures are hilarious! I remember when I was potty training Brittney, she was afraid to poop in the toilet. So, I bought a big toy and wrapped it up so she couldn't see what it was. She stared at that pretty wrapped present and ran to the bathroom and did it! Hope it all works for Max!

P.S. We need another girl's night out soon!

KMJ said...

This is hilarious Lisa! You will be glad you blogged about this and took pictures because in the near future he will have the movement! Poor little guy. Poor mommy. That's gotta work!

Diane Burnett said...

Oh, he looks so sad and so darn cute! I sure hope it works!! Good luck!

Kim said...

I hope it works!! I don't know how you have done it to this point...Jake was sooo hard! I really think that boys just take longer...I wish you luck!! I just want to kiss his little face and give him the toy, so I hope he figures it out soon!
Oh I love that boy!!!

Overbaugh Family said...

That is the FUNNIEST thing I have seen in a LONG time!! Hopefully we will get a "poop" update soon! By the way, I showed this to Grace- she said "Oh Max!"

Sam and Josh said...

What a great idea to leave it behind the toilet. You are a great mom.

Familia Bethers said...

I am seriously laughing so hard at these photos. They tell the story SO well! Where you laughing the entire time you were taking them? I know I would have been! You know you'll have to now post whether or not it worked. Good luck! You're awesome!

julib said...

We almost went broke buying toys for Benji's poop rewards. He just barely finished, right before he turned 4. I think seeing a real baby in diapers did it for him. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long.:)

Lisa Burbidge said...

That is the funniest thing ever!! Please get that kid some germ X!!